2008-06-22

(I'M) STRANDED

Like a snake calling on the phone
I've got no time to be alone
There is someone coming at me all the time
Yeah babe I think I'll lose my mind

'Cause I'm stranded on my own
Stranded far from home, all right

I'm riding on a midnight train
And everybody looks just the same
A subway light its dirty reflection
I'm lost babe I got no direction

And I'm stranded on my own
Stranded far from home, all right

Stranded - yeah I'm on my own
Stranded - I'm so far from home
Stranded - you gotta leave me alone
'Cause I'm stranded on my own
Stranded far from home

Come on!

Look at me looking at you
There ain't a thing that I can do
You are lost, your mind is stuck in a whirl
Yeah honey such a stupid girl

Now I'm stranded on my own
Stranded far from home, come on

Livin' in a world insane
They cut out some heart and some brain
Been filling it up with dirt
Yeah baby dunno how it hurts

To be stranded on your own
Stranded far from home, all right.

-The Saints, 1976

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's a video that an Australian rock video show called Rage has in its archives (Rage has been running for fucking ever) of the Saints playing (I'm) Stranded in like 76(?) at some shitty town hall or something in Brisbane and Chris Bailey is just smoking cigarettes, looking so bored and singing the song like someone just asked him the time. Gold.

Blog Archive